Today marks my first official run of my marathon training schedule! It was a solo run, which is symbolic, I think. I started running on my own in 2010. Now, four half marathons and two years later, here I am, training for a marathon. I'm not alone though. I'm on this journey, together with my family, my friends, and my training buddies and coaches. I'm supported in every way possible. I have the best cheerleaders. I am so thankful for everyone on my marathon journey with me! The support and encouragement is appreciated.
Over the past month and a half of Marathon Monday posts, I've enjoyed capturing my experiences training for a marathon.
Marathon Monday- June 4: The Beginning
Marathon Monday- June 11: Born to Run
Marathon Monday- June 18: Training Plan
Marathon Monday- June 25: Running while traveling
Marathon Monday- July 2: Marathon History
Marathon Monday- July 9: Olympic Running Gear
Marathon Monday- July 16: Too Hot to Handle
Twenty weeks from now, I will be writing a blog post about my experience running a marathon! It is crazy to think that between now and then, I'll run hundreds of miles, travel around the world to watch the world's greatest athletes compete, work my butt off, and sweat my butt off, and accomplishing one of the biggest dreams I've had.
My marathon training is more than a journey, it is 26.2 miles to a dream come true.
Monday, July 23, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment