Monday, June 25, 2012

Marathon Monday

I love to travel!  I am fortunate enough to sometimes travel for free, aka business travel, which takes me places I never would have gone on my own, like Le Mars, Iowa.  But it is even better when I travel for personal reasons because I get to choose the destinations! In the last year or so, I've been able to run in Boston, Duluth, and most recently Italy and Greece! As a runner, I always pack my running shoes and clothes.

My running shoes at the Acropolis in Athens, Greece

While in Italy and Greece, the only city where I noticed other runners was Milan, Italy, which is basically an Italian NYC or LA. I find runners (and bikers) in Dallas to be rather friendly. Even at 5am, runners will wave to each other when they pass by. While running abroad, I found my waves to only return odd stares. 

I am looking forward to my running adventures in Jamaica (early August) and London (August/September)! 

No comments: