Monday, June 4, 2012

Marathon Monday

It is official- I'm running a MARATHON! That's 26.2 miles.  I am registered for the Dallas Marathon on December 9, 2012.


After my fourth half marathon, I started to think "what's next?".  Then everything started to come together, and I knew I was destined to run a marathon. 

For the next 27 Mondays, I'm going to blog about my marathon experience. There will be 26 posts about my training and the 27th and final 'Marathon Monday' post will be about my marathon! This is, of course, by design. It is not coincidence that I am running a race that is 26 miles during my 26th year of life on earth in the city that I was born and raised in or that there will be 26 posts about my training (1 post representing each year that has led me to this point) , and 1 post about the race (representing the future and how the marathon has changed me).

I am excited for the journey that is ahead over the next 187 days. I know that this marathon will change me, for the better. I know that I will be stronger because of it. I can't wait to share this journey with you.

No comments: