Friday, July 27, 2012

Fit for Distance: Marathon- Week 1

Marathon Training has officially begun!! I am training with RunOn!, who designed the training plan, which is 20 weeks. We meet three times a week, Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday. Long runs are always on Sunday. I will run on my own one or two times a week, and cross train (bike ride). To beat the heat, we run at 5:15am Tuesday/Thursday. I get to sleep in a little bit on Sunday, as the run doesn't start until 6am. HELLO early mornings!


Week 1 (7/22-7/28) Results:
Monday: 3 mile solo run (splits: 10:38, 9:45, 11:10; avg pace 10:32 min/mile)
Tuesday: 5 mile group run (splits: 11:11, 10:10, 11:10,10:20, 10:55; avg pace 10:47 min/mile)
Thursday: 5 mile group run (splits: 11:06, 10:59, 10:42, 10:27, 10:55; avg pace 10:49 min/mile)
Friday: 4 mile solo run (splits: 10:40, 10:44, 11:00, 10:59; avg pace 10:54 min/mile)

Weekly Mileage Total: 17 miles

No comments: