Monday, July 16, 2012

Marathon Monday

After 8 weeks of training, I ran in the Too Hot to Handle 15k at Norbuck Park on Sunday, July 15th! This was the first of a few races I'm using as part of my training before the BIG race on December 9, 2012!

Too Hot to Handle Route

It was a relatively 'cool' day in Dallas for July- which isn't saying much as it was still HOT. The high that day was in the low 90s, and the low was 73 degrees! The course was an 'out and back', and ran along the east side of White Rock Lake.

I ran the race with a couple of my running coaches from RunOn! and a couple ladies from my training group in Richardson!  Amy is the left, I'm in the middle and DeAnn is the right, in both pictures.

                             Before the Race                                                 After the Race

It is a good thing the 'After' picture doesn't really show how wet and sweaty we are!  It was a fun race and I am super happy I beat my goal pace, 11 min/mile!

Official Results 2012 Too Hot to Handle 15k 
1 hr 41 minutes and 26 seconds (avg pace of 10:54 min/mile)

No comments: