Monday, July 9, 2012

Marathon Monday

The Olympics are just around the corner and I couldn't be more excited.  I am awe struck watching extraordinary athletes achieve their life long dreams of competing in the Olympics. As this year is the year of my marathon, I plan to watch both the women and men's marathon race.

I am extra excited this year as I will be attending the 2012 Paralympic Games in London August 27- September 3.  I received the official announcement that I was selected to attend the Games the afternoon before I left for a two week vacation to Italy and Greece.  Of course, the first thing I did was call my family to share the good news. The second thing I did was purchase a Nike USA dry-fit running tank-top!


I am super excited to wear my USA tank-top in London. I am also planning on taking my pair of Texas-flag shorts to run in, with leggings because the temps in London are about 40- 55 degrees, which is 35 degrees cooler than I'm used to running in!

No comments: