Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Fit for Speed: 800M and 400M Repeats

Tuesday's workout was alternating 800M and 400M repeats @ 5k pace!

Target: 400M: 2:22 mins and 800M: 4:45 mins

400M = .25 mile; 1 lap around the track
800M= .5 mile; 2 laps around the track

800M and 400M Repeat Results
1. 800M: 4:31 (2:19, 2:12)
2. 400M: 2:06
3. 800M: 4:33 (2:16,2:17)
4. 400M: 2:07
5. 800M: 4:40 (2:19, 2:21)
6. 400M: 2:14

Total: 2.25 miles

I was under my target pace on ALL of my attempts. Yay! This workout was a combo between the 800M Repeats and 400M Repeats workouts from earlier in the class. My 400M repeats this time were comparable to the faster 400M repeats at my 2 mile pace a few weeks ago! My 800M repeats this time were faster than a weeks ago too!

Overall, I think that I have improved over the last 6 weeks from this class.  On Thursday, we'll repeat the Magic Mile, and hopefully it will be faster! I'm looking forward to starting my next run class on Sunday- Fit for Distance: 15k!

No comments: