I had the final Captain's meeting for Bike MS, so I had to go to the AM running class. I was absolutely shocked as to how crowded the SMU track was at 5:30am. There were all sorts of running groups out running the dark. The lights didn't get turned on until the SMU soccer team came out for practice around 6am. The warm up was 2 laps around the track, at a comfortable speed. Today's workout was 800 meter repeats @ 5k pace (9:30 min/mile). My goal time was 4:40 min (lap of 2:20 min). Consistency is key with speed training, I was monitoring my pace watch like a hawk. Thankfully I had a pace buddy, she had the exact same speed target as I did, so we ran together the entire morning. Of course talking was kept to a minimum since it was early and we were running fast.
800 meters = 2 laps around the track = .5 miles
800 Meter Repeat Results
1. 4:37 min
2. 4:44 min
3. 4:45 min
4.4:43 min
5.4:41 min
Total miles for the workout (including warm up): 3 miles
No comments:
Post a Comment