Thursday, April 12, 2012

Fit for Speed: Ladder Drill

After my Magic Mile Tuesday, I was excited for my first Fit for Speed workout! Tonight we did ladder drills at a 10k pace! Fit for Speed uses the McMillian Running Calculator to determine the pace for the workouts. Based on my Magic Mile results, my 10k pace is 9:55 min/mile. In interval training, consistency is key! The middle distance (1200M- 3 laps of a standard track) was by far the hardest set. On the last distance (400M- 1 lap of a standard track), I felt like a horse headed for the barn!

Ladder Results:
400M 2:04 min
800M 4:40 min
1200M 7:11 min
800M 4:52 min
400M 2:09 min

It was much easier going up the ladder than coming down! My favorite part of the class so far is the team dynamic and social atmosphere. The first lap or two around the track, I could hold a conversation with my pace buddy. By the end, we were doing less talking and more breathing!

I'm looking forward to my upcoming bike rides this weekend! Let's hope the weather is nice.

No comments: