I came across this article: Want to be happy? Stop trying to be perfect. It spoke to me. My worth is not defined by the number of licenses or certifications I have, or the number of billable hours I have at the end of the year, or the number of races I run or ride, or how fast I run or ride those races, or the number of Facebook friends I have. The list could go on and on. I am worthy. Just as I am.
My favorite part of the article was learning the original definition of the word 'courage'.
"The root of the word courage is cor -- the Latin word for heart. In one of its earliest forms, the word courage had a very different definition than it does today. Courage originally meant to speak one's mind by telling all one's heart."My prayer is simple, Lord give me the Heart to boldly and courageously LOVE. I pray that I will love like my Savior loves. I pray that my heart will speak to my family, my friends, my coworkers, people I pass on the street; courageously and bravely speak Truth.
It is a wonderful life. I am blessed, beyond measure.

No comments:
Post a Comment