Thursday, April 26, 2012

Fit for Speed: 400M Repeats

Thursday's workout was 10 400M repeats @ 5k pace, with the 4th, 7th and 10th lap (bolded below) @ 2 mile pace.

400M = 1 lap = .25 miles
5k pace: 9 min 30 second (2:22 min/lap)
2 mile pace: 9 min 5 seconds (2:16 min/lap)

400M Repeat Results
1. 2:17
2. 2:18
3. 2:18
4. 2:08
5. 2:15
6. 2:15
7. 2:08
8. 2:12
9. 2:11
10. 2:05


It was an interesting day at the track! There was another training group that didn't follow proper track etiquette, and would walk in the fast lane or abruptly stop on the track. They were an added challenge to my speed workout! My coach has her marathon this weekend, and I think she was nervous about her race because she wasn't in the best mood.  About 6 or 7 laps in, one of the other girls in the class started crying, I guess she had a bad day? And it was 87 degrees when I FINISHED my speed workout at 8:15pm. It is already summer in Texas.

I was very pleased that each lap was under the target pace! I am working on 'learning' my pace and being consistent. I think it is working! I'm looking forward to my 5k race on May 19th to test out my new speed skills and hopefully achieve my goal of a 5k in under 30 minutes!

No comments: