Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Fit for Speed: Flagpole Hill Repeats

Today's workout was rolling hills @ 15k pace (10:15 min/mile) at Flagpole Hill.

I have a love/hate relationship with hills, and I've had quite the experiences with hills recently on my bike at Lancaster and Aledo. Until I started Fit for Speed a few weeks ago, I avoided hills.  Today, I ran 2 miles up and down hills. Willingly. I think.

Flagpole Hill Repeats


I was close to my goal, with an average pace of 10:30 min/mile. 

Training is much like rolling hills, there are peaks and there are valleys. There are times after runs and rides that I feel great- like I've dominated!  Then, there are times I feel like I am crazy for attempting to climb that mountain. Figuratively speaking, as Texas is relatively flat. Then I remember why I'm here- the feeling at the top of the 'mountain', achieving goals and making memories, there is nothing like that feeling. 

Make it count. 

No comments: