2012 Bike MS Day 1 Route
After months of training, the day was finally here for the 2012 Bike MS Ride! I was so giddy and excited before the ride, I hardly slept the night before! I woke up at 3:30am on Saturday ready to ride! Ha!
Team Deloitte met at the start line bright and early at 6am for a team picture! Everyone was geared up (pun totally intended) for the first day of our two day journey.
Team Deloitte
I had the best training and ride buddy this season- Darrell!
Darrell and me @ the Start Line
The wind was blowing strong out of the south around 15-20 mph the whole day. The first half of the ride headed north (with a nice tail wind) and then headed west. We basically flew to lunch. My average speed was 18.9 mph at the lunch stop- mile 47.
Day 1- Lunch Stop (mile 47)
It went downhill from there. Except not literally. The remaining 37 miles from lunch to the Day 1 Finish at Texas Motor Speedway (TMS) was uphill and into the wind.
Day 1 Ride Elevation
The hills were 'lite' compared to the hills we experienced at Germanfest and Aledo, but the wind made Day 1 a challenge.
At the last rest stop, mile 71, I was more than ready to get to the finish line and enjoy a fiesta with my teammates!
Darrell and me @ Mile 71
Darrell and I had the best cheerleaders waiting for us at the finish line- my Mom and Grandma!
Finish- Day 1
After 84 miles in the saddle (with an average of 15.3 mph!), Darrell and I traded our bike helmets for sombreros! It was FIESTA time!!
We couldn't party too hard... since we had 67 miles to go on Sunday (Day 2) before completing our 150+ mile journey!
No comments:
Post a Comment