After 6 weeks, tonight was the last Fit for Speed class. We repeated the Magic Mile. Before class today, I received an email from my coach saying that we weren't allowed to use our pace watches today. AHH! Taking a pace watch away from a runner is like taking a calculator away from a CPA. But my coach was confident that running without a pace watch was the best idea. Now, I have to agree that she was right.
Magic Mile Results:
April 10, 2012: 8 min 35 seconds (1/4 mile splits: 1:50, 2:06, 2:17, 2:22)
May 17, 2012: 8 min 14 seconds (1/4 mile splits: 1:50, 2:00, 2:10, 2:14)
I improved on every 1/4 mile split and was overall more consistent. I saw a 21 second improvement in my mile time, or just over 4%! I am thrilled with the results.
I loved the Fit for Speed class! The workouts were a challenge, but in a good way. I enjoyed learning new training techniques that I'll hopefully use on my own.
I think I'm hooked on RunOn! classes. Up Next: Fit for Distance- 15k
Thursday, May 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment