Sunday: 10 mile long run (splits: 10:24, 11:23, 10:36, 11:18, 10:38, 10:37, 11:01, 10:19, 11:57, 11:41; avg pace: 11 min/mile)
Tuesday: 6 mile group run (splits: 11:18, 11:05, 10:34, 10:32, 10:59, 9:31; avg pace 10:54 min/mile)
Wednesday: 4 mile solo run (2 miles outside, 2 miles on treadmill in Jamaica)
Thursday: 5 mile solo run (5 miles on treadmill in Jamaica)
The long run on Sunday was rough. I rode 50 miles on Saturday, 8/4 and my legs were already tired going into the long run. Through the encouragement of my coaches and my self determination, I was able to complete the 10 mile run. My legs were beyond sore afterwards. My coaches gave me a ton of tips to try to help ease my sore muscles. On the way home from my run, I stopped and got a bag of ice and took my first ice bath after I showered off.
My family and I went to Jamaica for a family vaca! We had a blast. I can add Montego Bay to my list of foreign cities in which I've ran. I ran outside, on the resort property, then I wised up and took advantage of the resort gym and ran on the treadmill!
No comments:
Post a Comment