Wednesday, January 11, 2017

New Year's Goals


I don't think I've ever been as excited for a new year as I was for 2017. I think that is largely due to the fact that IT IS THE YEAR OF MY WEDDING!  But, besides that, I was really excited for a fresh start that a new year brings. I spent a lot of time reflecting internally about what I wanted my focus of 2017 to be, and I talked to my lovely fiance about what he envisioned for us in 2017, and I ultimately decided on several broad themes for 2017.

-Family
With our upcoming wedding, we're creating a little family for ourselves and I couldn't be more excited about our future. We're trying to be intentional with our relationship, to start our marriage off right. My fiance still plans date nights (we have one this Friday!). We talk endlessly about what we want for our family in the future, and how we can get there (budgets, dogs, jobs, kids, etc.)  I'm loving starting our life together.
























-Fitness
It goes without saying that since my wedding is fast approaching, I spend a lot of time working out. And if we're honest, stressing out about whether I'll fit in my wedding dress or not (spoiler alert, I had my first dress fitting, good news, IT FITS!).  Beyond my wedding day, I want to keep these healthy habits because I just feel better when I have a structured workout plan. I also want to do more walks with my fiance and our sweet weenie dog, Frankie. We have the best conversations on our 3 mile loop around our neighborhood. I love holding hands, walking side by side with my beloved. No, I don't burn as many calories on a walk as I do during that 45 minute spin class, but my heart is fuller, and really, that is what matters.





-Church
My fiance and I found a church home during 2016. We'd both like to make it a focus to go to as many services as we can during 2017. Our weekends are busy, especially now with wedding planning; it seems there is an endless amount of wedding things to get done every weekend. But, we're planning to make time on Saturday or Sunday and refresh at church, together. I love singing worship songs, next to the one He made for me. There is nothing sweeter.  I also hope to spend more time in the Word, and reading devotionals and other religious text.

-Reading
My goal is to read 17 books during 2017. I'm off to a great start, I finished my first book, The Wangs vs. the World. I hope to do a book review post soon.

No comments: